The Budget Office provides budget, financial planning, and analysis functions for Western Washington University. The office reports directly to the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs and works closely with a wide variety of offices at Western to provide budget, financial planning, and analysis functions to the University.
What we do
- Develop and implement policies governing resource allocation
- Analyze budgets from the state Governor, House, and Senate
- Recommend strategies relating to legislative funding requests
- Assist in planning, producing, and monitoring biennial and annual budgets for the university
- Provide financial planning and analysis at the institutional level
- Serve as the primary resource for state executive and legislative offices
- Monitor compliance with budget policies
- Work to ensure budget resources are planned, allocated, and expended in support of Western's strategic goals
News & Updates
- Governor Inslee has released his budget proposal for the 2019-2021 biennium. Read about proposed funding for WWU here.
- Western has submitted the 2019-21 biennium budget proposal to the governor's office. It includes decision packages for funding compensation, IT infrastructure upgrades, expansion of existing academic programs to meet demand, and creation of new academic programs. Read the full budget request here.