The Budget Office provides budget, financial planning, and analysis functions for Western Washington University. The office reports directly to the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs and works closely with a wide variety of offices at Western to provide budget, financial planning, and analysis functions to the University.
What we do
- Develop and implement policies governing resource allocation
- Analyze budgets from the state Governor, House, and Senate
- Recommend strategies relating to legislative funding requests
- Assist in planning, producing, and monitoring biennial and annual budgets for the university
- Provide financial planning and analysis at the institutional level
- Serve as the primary resource for state executive and legislative offices
- Monitor compliance with budget policies
- Work to ensure budget resources are planned, allocated, and expended in support of Western's strategic goals
News & Updates
- The Vice Presidents and Deans have made their recommendations to the President regarding Decision Packages and Emergent Requests. The campus community can read the recommendations and leave comments through May 18th. This is the last opportunity to provide feedback before the President makes his final recommendation to the Board of Trustees.
- Emergent budget requests are now posted and the forum is open for feedback. Read all emergent requests and leave your comments here.
- The calendar for FY19 and Biennium 2019-21 is now available here.