The Budget Office provides budget, financial planning, and analysis functions for Western Washington University. The office reports directly to the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs and works closely with a wide variety of offices at Western to provide budget, financial planning, and analysis functions to the University.
What we do
- Develop and implement policies governing resource allocation
- Analyze budgets from the state Governor, House, and Senate
- Recommend strategies relating to legislative funding requests
- Assist in planning, producing, and monitoring biennial and annual budgets for the university
- Provide financial planning and analysis at the institutional level
- Serve as the primary resource for state executive and legislative offices
- Monitor compliance with budget policies
- Work to ensure budget resources are planned, allocated, and expended in support of Western's strategic goals
News & Updates
- The governor signed the state's 2019-21 biennial budget bill yesterday. Now that state appropriations are finalized the 2019-21 Operating Budget Recommendations for Western are posted here. The campus community will be able to leave comments on the Budget Forum regarding the recommendation.
- The Legislature has passed a compromise budget and passed a bill that provides a new funding source for higher education. Read the Budget Office's analysis here.